材料 Ingredient B
蘿蔔肉 Shredded Chinese Radish ：600 克 g（淨肉計）
水 (加浸牛肝菌水) 或雞湯 Chicken Stock： 250 克 g
黑糖 (或紅、白糖也可) Sugar：2 茶匙 teaspoon
海鹽 Salt：1茶匙 teaspoon
胡椒粉Ground White Pepper：1/2茶匙 teaspoon
配料 Other Ingredient C 牛肝菌乾片 Dried Porcini Mushroom：10 片 pieces (先用水略冲洗，再以熱水浸至菌身變軟。浸菌水加水用來煮蘿蔔)
巴馬火腿 Parma Ham：100克 g (愈陳年愈濃味/鹹，視乎個人口味，購買件裝回來切粒)
或傳統配料 or Traditional Ingredients ：臘味 cured meat (如臘肉、臘腸 dried Chinese sausages、膶腸、蝦米 dried shrimp)、冬菇 Chinese dried black mushrooms
Stir-fry the chopped “Other Ingredient C” for later use.
Mixed “Ingredient A” until it looks like paste, set aside for later use.
Boiled “Ingredient B” for 10 minutes or until the Shredded Chinese Radish cooked well. Put the well-cooked radish into a big bowl then pour “Ingredient A” (the paste) slowly into the bowl then stir-well. Put “Other Ingredient C” into the mixture then mix well. Pour the well-mixed paste into a steamed pan and wrap it with cling wrap. Steamed it around 40 minutes. Let it cool down and store it in the refrigerator. Re-heat the sliced Turnip Cake by steaming, pan-fried or stir-fried with vegetables.
1-1/2 cups water
2-1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4-1/2 cups sweet rice flour (Available in Asian specialty markets)
3 dried red dates
1. 用一深鍋把 水煮滾，加片糖和油煮至完全溶解。待涼約20分鐘備用。
In a large saucepan, boil the water, add the sugar and the oil, and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
Mix the rice flour thoroughly with the cooled liquid and transfer the mixture into an 8-inch round aluminum pan. (The aluminum pans at supermarket salad bars work very well for this). Set the dates in the middle.
3. 放入鑊中，用大火隔水蒸約 50分鐘。年糕本身很黏，就算熟透後，用筷子插進去，都會很黏的。蒸時用錫箔紙蓋上，避免年糕沾水。
Put an inch of water into a wok, a large pot, or a large flat pan and carefully set the pan of batter in the water. Cover lightly with aluminum foil and gently steam the mixture for about 50 minutes. Take care not to let the water boil over into the nian gao.
Tomato is one of the most popular home-grown food. It looks lovely, tastes good, rich in nutritions and easy to grow! The most important tip is to sow the seed during the appropriate season. Never sow the seed in hot summer. If you are doing this in SE monsoon climate region, like HK, it will be the best to seed before late February.
1. You can either sow tomato seeds from a packet bought at the nursery or buy seedlings from the nursery. I’d do the latter if you haven’t grown tomatoes before.[nursery: place the seeds inside water for 6 hours, then cover them by 2cm think non-fertilised soil, add water till the soil is wetted. ]
2. Nurse the plant in small plot and transplant to a larger container when there are about 6-7 news leaves can be found.
3. Preparing to transplant. Fertilise the soil with Make sure to space each hole at least 20 cm away from each other in all directions. Tomatoes need space to grow! Transplanting is a stressful process for plants.
4. It is the time to add the stake when the tomatoes grow to about 15 cm tall. Bamboo or wooden ones are best. As your tomatoes grow, keep tying. Use a soft twine (strips of old stockings are good) and tie around your stake first, then the plant, so it won’t slip as it grows. Start fertilising the plant after another 20 days, then fertilise in every 7-10 days.
5.Iin 40 days you shall see the flowers grow. Leave your tomatoes on the plant until they’re really red – this way they’ll have the best flavour. After about 2-3 months they should be fully grown and ready to eat.