This is a great quick meal at any time of the day. Eggs are a fantastic, affordable source of protein, helping our muscles to grow and repair and helping us to feel fuller for longer. Serve your omelette with wholemeal bread and a simple tomato salad for a healthy, balanced meal.
|烹調時間：10分鐘||Cooking time: 10 minutes|
|2隻大走地雞蛋||2 large free-range eggs|
|20克車打芝士||20g Cheddar cheese|
|細易潔鍋||Small non-stick frying pan|
將蛋打入攪拌碗，加入少許海鹽和黑胡椒，用叉攪拌至完全均勻。Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with a fork until fully combined.
- 用低溫預熱易潔鑊。Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up.
- 把芝士刨碎備用。Grate the cheese onto a board and set aside.
- 加入1/2湯匙油落鍋，然後小心倒進蛋漿。Add 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil to the hot pan, then carefully pour in the eggs.
- 稍微傾斜鍋讓蛋漿平均分佈在鍋上，用叉稍微卷起蛋漿。Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly, using a fork to swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- 當奄列底部開始熟透並凝固但表面的蛋漿還未熟透時，灑上芝士。When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese.
- 用攪拌刮輕輕挑起周邊的蛋，然後對摺成一半。Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- 當底部煎成金黃色，把鍋從煮食爐中移開，並把奄列上碟。進食時可配上蕃茄沙律及全麥麵包。When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette onto a plate. Delicious with a tomato salad and wholemeal bread.
Jamie的煮食提示 Jamie’s Top Tips
- 不一定要把奄列摺成一半來夾入餡料，你可以把奄列攤開讓材料撒在奄列上，然後把奄列煮至沸騰。Omelettes don’t always need to be folded in half with the filling inside, you can leave the omelette open and sprinkle over your favourite ingredients before finishing it under a hot grill until it’s bubbling and delicious.
- 易潔鍋讓煮奄列變得更容易，它不是太昂貴，是值得購買的工具。A non-stick pan makes cooking an omelette much easier – they’re not too expensive and if you are going to get into making omelettes it’s a great investment.
Egg is a common ingredient in food. It is a great source of protein. Protein aids faster metabolism. Eggs contain a variety of vitamins and minerals which act as supplement to build up a healthy body. Some may consider eggs as unhealthy since they contain high level of cholesterol and calories, however the saturated fat content is very low. Saturated fat is responsible for the evil consequences of fat such as raising blood cholesterol level. Taking free-range eggs are more humane than caged chicken eggs. Free-range chicken acquires a more comprehensive diet from the nature.
United States Department of Agriculture
Special thanks for Evelyn Chan for Recipe Translation