1 onion, finely chopped
4 celery stalks, finely chopped
600g risotto rice
250ml white wine
2 bunches of asparagus, sliced
60g grated parmesan
chopped mint, to serve
lemon zest, to serve
- In a large pan, fry the onion and celery stalks in some olive oil and butter until soft.
- Get your stock ready and set aside
- Add the risotto rice, turn up the heat and stir for a minute or so until the rice turns translucent.
- Add the white wine and stir until evaporated.
- Add the asparagus and begin to add the stock 1 ladleful at a time, each time wait until the liquid is evaporated before adding another ladle, keep repeating until the rice and asparagus are cooked. Season generously.
- Turn off the heat and beat in the butter and Parmesan, and sprinkle with chopped mint and lemon zest to finish.